Just some points on communicaton:
1. Listen actively – in other words be interested in what someone is saying. Acknowledge what is being said.
2. Give up having to be right.
3. Don’t talk about yourself constantly. Have a conversation.
4. When speaking have animation in voice.
5. Use the person’s name.
6. Commend suggestions and solutions the person is giving.
7. Have time to listen, don;t rush by a person.
8. Encourage feedback and ideas.
Take the time to hear what people have to say whether ideas, suggestions, or even just learning about the person. We have so many distractions in any one day that to give people time is a gift. Be interested in the information, be clear in your information, and enjoy the exchange.